What it is: A perfume that invokes romance, passion and mystery, warm evenings with swirling stars, waves of moonlight and water, the deep echo of enchanting flowers. Amor del Sur expands your senses and reaches into your dreams.
Describe in two words: Sweet and Wild (is that three?)
How to use: Roll Amor del Sur on your wrists, under your nose, inside the elbows, on your neck, wherever you want the aroma to permeate.
Another option: dab perfume onto the ends of your hair for a lasting ethereal aroma.
Important information: Keep essential oil perfumes away from children. Discontinue use if you have a negative reaction.
What else you need to know: This long-lasting perfume is packaged in a 0.3 oz (8 g) clear glass roll-on bottle (2 cm wide x 8 cm tall).
How an Essential Oil Blend Works: Essential oils are complex. Each oil contains many different constituents, some of which evaporate quickly and others that move more slowly. Since these essential oils evaporate or dissipate at different rates, the aroma of the perfume evolves over time.
Essential oils interact with our individual body chemistry, so the perfume will smell slightly different on each person who wears it.
There are three core levels of scents in One Earth Body Care perfumes:
- Top Notes: In general, oils that dissipate the most quickly (within a couple of hours or less) are called “top notes”
- Middle Notes: “Middle notes” linger longer than top notes and help to integrate the perfume.
- Base Notes: “Base notes” are heaviest and stay around the longest, anchoring the perfume.
Amor del Sur Aroma Profile: To make Amor del Sur perfume, we blend floral oils (ylang ylang, lavender and geranium) into smoky, vanilla-like resin-based oils (benzoin and Peru balsam). Spicy clove bud and grounding cedarwood, patchouli and vetiver are added to provide depth and radiate earthy beauty. Tangerine creates a sweet, warm current that flows through the oil.
- Patchouli essential oil is steam-distilled from leaves of the tropical herbaceous perennial Pogostemon cablin. Our patchouli comes from Indonesia. Patchouli blends beautifully with other oils and doesn’t dominate in Amor del Sur. If you’re a big patchouli fan, consider Patchouli Love, in which it’s more dominant. If you’re not a patchouli fan, worry not! Patchouli is one of the most versatile essential oils; many people who have negative associations with patchouli love it in our blends.
- Our cedarwood oil (Juniperus mexicana) is steam-distilled from cedar chips and sawdust. Trees are not cut down to produce the oil.
- Benzoin is obtained from sap of the tree Styrax benzoin grown in India. The aromatic resin is removed from the sap using solvents, which are then evaporated. Benzoin has a warm, sweet vanilla-like aroma.
- Peru balsam (actually from El Salvador) is a delightful base note steam-distilled from the resin of Myroxylon pereirae, a tree native to tropical areas of the Americas. Peru balsam has a spicy, mildly smoky vanilla-like aroma.
- Vetiver essential oil is one of the earthiest base notes of all. It’s steam-distilled from the roots of the grass Vetiveria zizanoides, which originated in India but is grown in Haiti for essential oil, where it’s also used for erosion control due to its deep root system.
- The powerful essential oil Ylang ylang is steam-distilled from flowers of the Cananga odorata tree, which grows on Madagascar, the Comoro Islands and Mayotte (northwest of Madagascar). We use ylang ylang III, which is the third fraction of the distillation.
- Clove bud essential oil is steam-distilled from Indonesian cloves (Syzygium aromaticum) and smells like the familiar spice.
- Geranium essential oil is steam-distilled from the leaves and flowers of Pelargonium graveolens, a perennial shrub. Geranium has a full, slightly spicy rose-like aroma. We use Egyptian geranium.
- Our tangerine 5x, a top note, is a concentrated citrus oil that’s cold-pressed from the rinds of tangerines in Italy. The pressed oil is distilled to concentrate it and remove terpenes.
- Our Lavender essential oil is steam-distilled from Lavandula officinalis flowers grown in France. Lavender is one of the most loved essential oils for its calming, uplifting aroma.
Organic jojoba oil, essential oils of patchouli, cedarwood, benzoin, vetiver, tangerine 5x, lavender, geranium, Peru balsam, clove bud, ylang ylang.