Woodland Spirits Essential Oil Perfume
What it is: A perfume that rises like the warm scent of the earth and fragrant leaves on the forest floor. This fragrance reminds you of the peace and wisdom of trees and helps you access that connection within.
Describe in two words: Forest leaves.
How to use: Roll Woodland Spirits on your wrists, under your nose, inside the elbows, on your neck, wherever you want the aroma to permeate.
Another option: dab perfume onto the ends of your hair for a lasting earthy aroma.
Important information: Do not wear Woodland Spirits essential oil perfume if you’re pregnant or nursing. This perfume contains myrrh essential oil, which may have fetotoxic effects. Keep perfume oils away from children, and discontinue use if you have a negative reaction.
What else you need to know: This long-lasting perfume is packaged in a 0.3 oz (8 g) clear glass roll-on bottle (2 cm wide x 8 cm tall).
How an Essential Oil Blend Works: Essential oils are complex. Each oil contains many different constituents, some of which evaporate quickly and others that move more slowly. Since these essential oils evaporate or dissipate at different rates, the aroma of the perfume evolves over time.
Essential oils interact with our individual body chemistry, so the perfume will smell slightly different on each person who wears it.
There are three core levels of scents in One Earth Body Care perfumes:
- Top Notes: In general, oils that dissipate the most quickly (within a couple of hours or less) are called “top notes”
- Middle Notes: “Middle notes” linger longer than top notes and help to integrate the perfume.
- Base Notes: “Base notes” are heaviest and stay around the longest, anchoring the perfume.
Woodland Spirits Profile: Woodland Spirits perfume emphasizes woody base notes and is enriched with warm, spicy, sweet middle and top notes.
- Cedarwood oil (Juniperus mexicana) steam-distilled from cedar chips and sawdust. Trees are not cut down for production.
- Frankincense oil is steam-distilled from resin collected from Boswellia serrata trees grown in India.
- Oakmoss absolute is extracted from the lichen Evernia prunastri, which grows on oak trees. It’s produced in France using a solvent-free distillation method.
- Benzoin is obtained from sap of the tree Styrax benzoin grown in India. The aromatic resin is removed from the sap using solvents, which are then evaporated. Benzoin has a warm, sweet vanilla-like aroma.
- Peru balsam (actually from El Salvador) is a delightful base note steam-distilled from the resin of Myroxylon pereirae, a tree native to tropical areas of the Americas. Peru balsam has a spicy vanilla-like, mildly smoky aroma.
- Myrrh is obtained from tree resin. Our myrrh is steam-distilled in France from the resin of Commiphora myrrha, a tree grown in Somalia.
- Ginger essential oil is steam-distilled from the roots of Chinese Zingiber officinale. Ginger provides an earthy, spicy note to the perfume.
- Tangerine 5x is a concentrated citrus oil cold-pressed from the rinds of tangerines in Italy. The pressed oil is distilled to concentrate it and remove terpenes.
- Cardamom essential oil is steam-distilled from seeds of Elettaria cardamomum, a cultivated perennial grown in India. Cardamom has a warm, spicy aroma; the seeds are often used in chai tea blends.
Organic jojoba oil, essential oil of cedarwood, frankincense, oakmoss absolute, benzoin, tangerine 5x, cardamom, Peru balsam, myrrh, ginger.