Quick Banana-Oat Pancakes
We love pancakes, especially when they’re not grain and dairy-heavy. A great pancake recipe provides a mix of protein, carbs, fat and fiber. And any great recipe should be both delicious and nutritious! Chloe LaPlante recently introduced us to quick banana-oat pancakes, and it’s become our go-to pancake recipe. You only need a handful of ingredients to make it, along with a blender or food processor. It’s fast and easy – great assets when you want to make a quick breakfast.
This recipe makes about 5 small to medium-sized pancakes. A good rule of thumb is to multiply the ingredients by the number of hungry people eagerly awaiting the pancakes.
- 1 Ripe or over-ripe banana (fresh or frozen)
- 2 Eggs
- Handful (~ 1/2 cup) rolled oats
- 1 T Flaxmeal
- Dash of salt, cinnamon, vanilla
*You can add berries or any other additions you like to the batter. I think these could be made with sweet potatoes instead of bananas also.
- Put all ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Blend until liquified and smooth.
- Pour into heated, greased griddle and cook on both sides over medium heat. They cook quickly – just a minute or so on each side is all you need.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings!